At Boca Palms Animal Hospital, we will do everything we can to provide a safe, comfortable boarding environment for your pet while you are away. The following is information we need you to understand prior to boarding:
Drop Off: Boarding drop-offs must be scheduled at a specific time, and the attached form must be completed in its entirety. Please call our office to schedule your pet’s drop off 561-395-4030. This is very important, as a veterinary nurse will need about 15 minutes to go over your pet’s care instructions. Make sure to leave enough time for drop-off!
- Pick Up: The latest pick up time for boarding is 5:30 pm Monday – Friday and by 11:30 am on Saturday.
- Vaccinations: All pets must have proof of current vaccinations before we will schedule your pet for boarding. If you can’t verify that your animal is up-to-date on his/her vaccines, we will vaccinate at drop-off.
- Dogs: Rabies, Distemper (DHP, Parvo, Bordetella, Canine Influenza
- Cats: Rabies, Feline Distemper, and Upper Respiratory Vaccines –
Outdoors cats must have must have a current Feline Leukemia vaccine.
- No fleas or ticks! We must keep all of the pets that visit us tick/flea free, and require all boarders to have a proven, effective treatment. Should your pet arrive with fleas or ticks, we will give them a medicated bath (at an additional cost).
- No internal parasites. All animals must have had a negative Fecal Examination for internal parasites within the last 12 months. All dogs must have had a heartworm blood test within the past 12 months.
- Favorite toys or bedding – your pet may board with their favorite toy or bed, just as long as they can’t eat it. Pets that eat their toys or blankets can have HORRIBLE medical complications! So if you’re the least bit concerned about your pet, or if you’ll be extremely upset if the item gets lost, please leave it at home.
- Food, to minimize change and keep things as regular as possible, please bring a supply of your pet’s food to cover their stay. However, if you can’t, Boca Palms Animal Hospital carries Royal Canin and Science Diet food for cats and dogs. We’ll make sure your pet eats, it will just cost a little more.
Please make sure we have your contact information AND an emergency contact just in case we can’t reach you. We’ll only call you for medical issues that require consent.
We’ll provide water and food bowls, litter boxes and litter. Please make sure you label your pet’s belongings, food, leash, collar, etc.
Veterinary Care: One of the advantages of boarding with us is that veterinary attention is readily available should the need arise. If your pet becomes ill, we will call the emergency number(s) listed above regarding symptoms, treatment options, and estimates of additional costs. If no one can be reached, please indicate your wishes below should your pet(s) require treatment to relieve immediate discomfort or resolve a serious medical condition.