Emergency Vet Care in Boca Raton, FL
If your pet is having a health emergency any time during our regular business hours, contact us immediately at 561-395-4030 so we can help. Even issues that might be minor should be assessed by a veterinarian just in case. Your pet’s health and safety are our highest priorities.
After-Hours Emergency Vets
For after-hours emergencies, seek treatment from one of the 24-hour referral hospitals listed below. You can call them or simply drive right over to seek treatment for your pet.
Signs of a Pet Emergency
Pet emergencies come in many different forms, and it can be difficult to know what an emergency is and what can wait for an appointment with your veterinarian. If you ever have concerns about your pet’s health, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 561-395-4030.
Please watch for these signs to determine whether your pet needs urgent care:
- Choking/gagging, unable to breathe
- Chronic coughing
- Vomiting/diarrhea for 24+ hours
- Straining to urinate/defecate
- Blood in stool, urine, or vomit
- Ingested a foreign body
- Ingested an known or potentially toxic substance
- Fought with another dog/cat or wild animal
- Fell from a high place or suffered a collision with a vehicle
- Bleeding heavily
- Bleeding from ears or nose
- Eye injuries
- Sitting with forehead pressed to the wall
- Suspected broken bones
- Unable to walk or stand up
- Is having or had a seizure
- Severe weakness, collapse
- Has not had any food or water for 24+ hours
- Has been in labor for an hour or more without delivering any puppies/kittens
- Seems to be in great pain (wincing when touched, avoiding movement, limping)
- Appears confused or disoriented
- Ears and nose feel unusually warm (indicates a fever)
- Abdomen is distended (bloated) and feels hard to the touch
What to expect once you arrive?
Each patient checked in will be triaged, physical status will be assessed, and vitals will be taken. At that time, your pet’s triage status can be evaluated and we will communicate any and all information regarding the evaluation and what to expect thereafter.
Pet emergencies are often unpredictable and when they occur, time is a critical factor. Rest assured that our team is ready to receive you and your pet at a moment’s notice. Call Boca Palms Animal Hospital right away if your pet is facing an urgent or emergency situation. You don’t have to face this alone. 561-395-4030.